Dogs Fighting

I have a GSD female 6 years of age and three Jack Russel bitches who are just over a year. Last friday 2 JR' s and the GSD turned on the smallest JR and nearly killed her. I has just driven up to the gate and am not sure how the fight started. However to my horror my 6 year old was trying to seperate them. We managed to get hold of the JR and took her to the vet for stitches. She was obviously very traumatised., Now my question .. how do I reintergrate her to the pack ... or is this not an option? She has been inside for a week nursing her wounds and growls when she see the other dogs. Is there a solution?

Dear Anon

It would be very difficult to try to get to a solution with so many dogs. I would suggest to find a good behaviourist in yopur area that can come to your house and give you some practical advice.

Unfortunately Jack Russels have a pack mentality and are rather agressive towards any in the pack which are weak. My brother in law has 5 of them and they also fight occasionally amongst each other usually picking on the smallest and weakest female who they chew up quite badly. I would try and home the weak dog to a good home as it may continue and even get worse.