Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2009-10-19

Doggy " discharge" ?

HI.I have a 6 month old cross breed femail terrier of some sorts. I got her from the SPCA. She appears healthy etc. Ive noticed that in her bed there are some sort of *rice grain like* " droppings" . I cant see that they are " alive" . It looks like when they " appear"  or are produced, they are soft, because some of them are smeared on the bed, the others harden. Do you know what causes this? Thank you. Cindy

Dear Cindy

It sounds like discharge from the anal glands. These can be emptied or removed.

3
Posted by: Cindy | 2009-10-21

Thank you for your comments. I gave my doggy deworming meds and I have not seen any of the rice grain like " discharge" ! Thanks so much

Reply to Cindy
Posted by: Chill | 2009-10-19

Tapeworm infection also looks like grains of rice. Deworm her, to be sure, and make sure she is flea-free, since fleas promote tapeworms.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009-10-19

Dear Cindy

Reply to Cybervet