Posted by: jagparker | 2008-11-16

Doggie Eczema??

Dear CyberVet
Please assist if you can. My baby is cross between a Yorkie and a Chihuahua. He has long hair. He turned three on 10 September this year. All his life he has been itchy. He does not have fleas and our Vet told us a while ago that it might be because he was young. Now, he is scratching around his mouth all the time, but I can' t see anything wrong. However, he has scratched uner his arm so badly that it is raw, and I can' t touch it. It' s always the same underarm.
My questions are:
- what can I use to soothe his sore underarm?
- what are possible causes?
He eats ProPac and seems to like it. I also give him chicken. For treats, his favourite is Woolworths dried tripe
Please help if you can.
Many thanks and regards,

Dear Jagpacker

General skin conditions is impossible to diagnose without seeing the dog. Best to have it looked at by a vet.