Posted by: Momof3 | 2008-12-27

Dog' s eye very itchy,swollen &  cant see.

Hi Cybervet

My Doberman has a recurring problem in her left eye. her eye becomes very red &  itchy and I have taken her to the vet before for this.They have given me drops and an ointment.We need to apply both and the vet said she could form and abbes in the eye.We treated her and all cleared up .Now a few moths down the line its back and seems to be much worse.

I noticed yesterday when we where swimming,she was running the eye with her paw again and when she walked passed the side of the pool she slipped and fell into the pool. This happened 3 times and each time when she turned left. This makes me think she cant see out of the eye. I checked her eye and was horrified to see how red &  swollen it was again.

I am very worried about her eye as they did worn us last time she could go blind if its not treated etc.It is not Pink eye.
Why does this reoccur and what should we be treating her with. I will take her back to the vet today as over the holidays/ weekend the surcharge is extremely high.
Thanks in advance.

Dear momof3

How on earth do you think it would be possible for me go give you advice on this site if you have a dog with a swollen eye? If you really want it sorted take your dog to a vet with an ineterest in eyes.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2008-12-29

Maybe take your dog to your vet for a proper diagnoses.

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: Pauline | 2008-12-28

this vet seems to fancy himself as a comedian and he is not actually good at that either.

Reply to Pauline
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2008-12-28

I am so glad you are not MY vet. The dove lady has been on before aso on Cybershrink in the past few days and your reply to her and and the dog' s swollen eye are totally unacceptable. No wonder you only run a small practice - I wouldn' t come near you with a barge pole!

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: Carol | 2008-12-28

CV thats a bit harsh was your response to the dove problem ...:(

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Chill | 2008-12-27

Good grief, cybervet - if that is your attitude why do you even exist? What a totally unacceptable response!

Reply to Chill