Posted by: Concerned | 2009-09-22

Dog wont eat

Hi Cyber Vet

I really need your help.I have a small dog who hardly eats at all.He is very fussy with his food and he is therefore really skinny and losing alot of weight.
We have tried everything but he just does not have an appetite.
We now give him Alpo for small breed dogs.
Why is he so fussy and what can we do? He is like a child to me and it hurts to see him so thin and fragile :o(
Any advice would be appreciated.

Dear Concerned

If a dog is like a child to me I will never give him Alpo. If he losing weight then take him to a vet.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-09-22

I' d say he needs to be checked over by your vet.

Has he been dewormed?

Also, once you' ve talked to the vet, follow instructions and try to avoid trying to tempt him with all sorts of different foods - you' ll end up with a very fussy dog, which is no fun, but also if he' s sensitive to something it makes it impossible to identify what it is.

You might like to take a fresh stool sample along when you see the vet - they can check for various things, including parasites. Just a small amount will do!

Reply to Chill

He is getting thinner and when he eats he gets vomits it all uP