Question
Posted by: Jen | 2010/02/03

Dog with mast cell tumours

I have a 10-year old golden retriever - female. She' s had mast cell tumours removed - the first time was a year or so back, and she had 2 removed in December. She seems fine now, but I believe she is likely to get more. How do I help prevent this from happening again? Will giving her antihistamines help?
I' m also concerned about missing new ones (I check her over quite often in case i feel a lump) - what if she has one in her colon or something? Can it be X-rayed for?

Dear Jen

Cant prevent others, x-rays are not helpfull. I would suggest a referral apointment to a specialist to discuss all the options with you.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/02/08

Dear Jen

Reply to Cybervet