Posted by: Megan | 2009-04-17

Dog weeing in house

Hi, I have a 7 year old male cross chow-chow / border collie who I inherited from my mom after she passed away. Ferdie has not been neutered. He sleeps inside (while my other 2 labradors sleep outside). He seems to have adjusted well to our house, and we love him dearly. My only problem is that he has taken to -|- ing his leg and weeing (just a small spray) on my curtains / couches / chairs. Is there anything I can do to stop this ? Will having him neutered help ? I don' t want to traumatise him unnecessarily as the poor little chap has been through a difficult time adjusting to a new home. Megan.

Dear Megan

This is normal for a intact male and by this time the behaviour will be mostly learned and very difficult to get rid off. I think you need to put him outside with the other 2.