Question
Posted by: gina | 2010/08/15

dog wee

i recently took my dog to the vets,, but put him up on the seat as he had a bad back injury and didnt want the other dogs in the waiting area to jostle him and cause more pain.

when he was on my lap he started to wee so i immediately put him down on the floor.

i have now however received a bill for the replacement of the seat!! is it me bieng sensitive or is ths a little audacious at best? surely practice insurance covers this, and it was not done in malice but by accident?

Hi Gina I have worked in many practices around the world and I have never known a client to pay for a replacement seat following such an accident. Practice furniture should be designed accordingly as these accidents arise on a regular basis and I can see no reason why a client should have to pay for such damages.

5
Posted by: Sandy | 2010/08/18

My dog has been diagnosed with incontenence and was doing very well on Phenylpropanolamine This has since been removed from the market. Incurin does not work at all, please does anyone know of any other medication that could help, I am desparate and close to having an otherwise healthy dog put down.
Sandy

Reply to Sandy
Posted by: Sandy | 2010/08/18

My dog has been diagnosed with incontenence and was doing very well on p This has since been removed from the market. Incurin does not work at all, please does anyone know of any other medication that could help, I am desparate and close to having an otherwise healthy dog put down.
Sandy

Reply to Sandy
Posted by: gina | 2010/08/16

heehe...no i dont think it''s a good idea to post the name of the practice...thats just malicious. but i do have to say...its given me a few chuckels thinking about it.

so i have a meeting with the practice manager....we''ll have to see what transpires.....

Reply to gina
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/08/16

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/08/15

Frankly, I wouldn''t describe this as audacious - I''d call it bloody outrageous. Vets above all else must be aware that sh*t happens, to coin a phrase, and should allow for this in the design of their waiting rooms and surgeries. There is no way on this earth I would even consider forking out a cent, under the circumstances. It''s simply a business risk, which they have to carry.

Had they contacted you, or perhaps said at the time, that they had a problem, you''d have had an opportunity to waltz in there with some detergent or shampoo or something, although even that should have been a matter of choice on your part, rather than compulsion.

In fact, come to think of it, if you''d be kind enough to post the name of the vet on here, I''m sure a few of us would quite enjoy taking our widdling pooches for a visit there...

Reply to Chill