Posted by: Renai | 2009-09-17

Dog vomiting after food

Please help! I can not afford to take my dog to the vet as I have been out of work for 2 months now :-(

My dog throws up a few hours after having eaten. Food is same brand and flavour I always buy and he get fresh food i.e it does not stand out all day. Also no snacks and human food.

He is active, alert and drinks water but for past 3 days seem unable to keep food down untill it digests. He does not throw up immediatly after eating but 3-4 hrs later?

he does have a sensistive stomack anyway - it always growls and squeeks and he gets car sick every time we drive somewhere.

Dear Renai

It can be anything. Without a few tests it would be impossible to give you advice.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-09-17

What are you feeding him?

How old is the dog, and what kind of dog is it?

Perhaps he needs to go onto a bland diet for a little while, to let his stomach settle - it' s difficult for Cybervet to advise you with so little information.

Reply to Chill