Question
Posted by: Sam | 2010/07/26

dog twitching

My dog has developed a wierd twitching. Her whole body convulses whether she''s asleep or awake. What could it be?

Hi Sam

It may be possible that your dog may be having petite mal seizures. Dog rarely just have 'twitches' unless they are survivors of a neurological virus or disease like distemper.

This calls for a work up at the vet's and a full exam to determine what it is and what is isn't.
I don't know the age of your dog but Epilepsy usually starts around 2- 5 yrs old.

With petite mal seizures the symptoms vary from what you see to dogs that are frozen in place for a few minutes to dogs that seem to just zone out and then are fine.

Get an exam scheduled and discuss the results with your vet. Medication rarely is used for petite mals but if it's not that then he might need some.

Please let me know what you find out.

2
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/07/27

Hi Sam

Please let me know what you find out.

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/07/26

What does your vet say?

Reply to Chill