Question
Posted by: Isme | 2010/01/14

Dog training

We have a 4 year old daschund (male), and got a spaniel (female) a week ago. The spaniel has been in-and-out at our vet for the past ±  week with cat flu. We expect to pick her up shortly, if she fully recovers.
We have cleaned all the bedding thoroughly as advised.
Only facing a problem or 2 now, please help:
1. Since the new arrival our male, who is house trained, started pee' ing in the house against furniture. How do we solve this?
2. The male also used to sleep on some of the beds, ie my daughters (against my will) and I feel that the pets should have their own beds. I am willing to train the spaniel, but what effect will this have on the older male. Is it possible to train him with her or will it confuse him?
This situation is causing a lot of stress and arguments in our household

Dear Isme

Have the male neutered and I always thinks its best to keep dogs off beds as this can cause jealousy and conflict.

You can also try a DAP diffuser to reduce canine stress indoors and buy 'Footsack' to spray on the areas that your dog likes to wee on.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/01/14

Dear Isme

Reply to Cybervet