Question
Posted by: shelly | 2010/02/17

Dog that bites the worker Please help

Dear Shelly

If you do not have the time to write me a decent question here you will surely not have the time to follow any behavioural advice with your dog.

3
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/02/18

Dear Shelly

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/02/17

I would strongly recommend that you involve a behaviourist - your vet should be able to refer you to one.

I would also suggest two things to the maid: don' t be moronic and tease a dog just because you can - now, the dog is big and it' s payback time. And second: if the dog attacks her, KEEP CALM AND DO NOT SCREAM - that will send the dog into a frenzy with who knows what consequences.

Are you sure the workers aren' t still teasing the dog while you' re not around?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Shelly | 2010/02/17

I have a very loving border collie that is a house dog, she loves people and is very playful and lovable, she is 6 years old, had all her injections and is very healthy. The only problem is she does not like the maid or the gardener and when i get home from work or am around she bites them. When she was a puppy they use to tease her and now she cannot stand them especially when we are home, when we are away at school and work she hides from the workers but just let us get home and she wants to bite them. When I got home today the maid left the premises the dog got out and bit her on the leg i had to take her to hospital for a tetinus injection and four stiches. How can i over come this problem as she was teased by the maid when she was a puppy. Even when we talk as a family and we mention the maids names she goes beserk barking and looking out for her. What should i do, the dog is part of the house and he sleeps inside at night. I am so worried someone would can and poison her to get rid of her. Please help what can i do?

Reply to Shelly