Question
Posted by: Ellouise | 2010/04/14

Dog starts licking everything uncontrollably

Our dog, Cindy, a rottweiler is about 6 years old. She was sterilized two years ago after she had two litters.

Sometimes she just walks and licks everything, the tiles, the carpet, it''s like she goes into a frenzy and we can''t stop her. She''s done this since before she was a year old. The licking usually goes on for about 5 minutes and then she''s exhausted. It''s almost as if her tongue is itching. If we let her outside when she''s like this she starts eating grass. I know dogs usually eat grass when they''re nauseas but I don''t think that''s why she''s doing it.

Do you perhaps know why she would be doing this?
Ellouise

Dear Ellouise

Probably a learned behaviour that she likes, to eat grass in normal. As a local behaviourist to come and assess things at home.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/16

Dear Ellouise

Reply to Cybervet