Question
Posted by: Valerio | 2010/03/15

Dog Seizures. Epilepsy?

My dog Lilo is almost seven years old 9 (April 1st), a cross of German Shepherd and Husky. Nine weeks ago he had a seizure which left me a bit shocked. The vet found only a minor problem with the liver which has been sorted out. Seven weeks after the first seizure, the second took place, the third and fourth following respectively the next day. All happens between 23h00 and 01h00 when he is totally relaxed and sleeping. I took him to the vet, two blood samples were taken and all is fine. However, last night, two weeks after seizure 2, 3, and 4 he had number 5. It was intense and lasted around 3 minutes. Apart from that he is a happy dog, eats well, playful and active. There is a pattern thus that I noticed since he was a puppy, he dreams a lot and even makes considerable noise while dreaming. Lately while sleeping he moves the limbs considerably, possibly dreaming, or this brain activity may be related to the seizures? I am worried that the seizures intensify in frequency and intensity. Any advice? Thank you so much.

Dear Valerio

Have him checked out and start him on epilepsy treatment that he will have to take for the rest of his life.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/03/18

Dear Valerio

Reply to Cybervet