Question
Posted by: Susan | 2010/09/09

Dog removed neutering stitches

My dachshund was neutered on Tuesday evening and we noticed this morning that he removed 3 of his five stitches (solvable). It has not opened and as precaution I sticked two plasters over the incision to prevent him from taking out the other two stitches. Should I open this plasters daily to clean it (with saltwater)? Can I use Dermavet cream on the incision?

Hi Susan

Please take him back to the vet and get the wound re-sutured. You can use an intradermal suture technique (disolvable sutures)placed below the skin or have the same but put an E.Collar on him.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/09/10

Hi Susan

Reply to CyberVet