Posted by: giminy | 2009-02-12

Dog rash

My fox terrier has developed a rash and a few sores have also developed in the area just below the tail and around the testicles. My Vet is not sure what the reasons are and has prescribed an antibiotic which has not worked. What would the reason be and what can be done?

Dear Giminy

If your vet does not know after seeing your dog how on earth would I be able to give you more advice than he did?

Posted by: Chill | 2009-02-12

Sounds like maybe some allergy or injury from something he' s sitting on?

You need to go back to your vet and harrass him into further action. Antibiotics sound wonderful but they are only useful when it comes to infections, not just for any old ' rash' . Check out the dog' s environment carefully, specially where he likes to sit and hang out, maybe something will occur to you.

Reply to Chill