Question
Posted by: Juan van der sthuizen | 2010/04/14

Dog poops on cement and not on grass

I have a 1 year old dog that constantly poops on the cement and not on the grass.

She also comes into the house and poops on the floor although she has been out of the house for the entire morning. What can we do?

Juan

Dear Juan

You can use 'puppy drops' to get them to use a certain area but this behaviour is most common if people leave the dogs alone all day.

3
Posted by: Nicola | 2010/04/25

I have been told that if a dog poops where you dont want them to, you should pick it up and put it where you want them to do their business. Make sure you show him/her where it is! Hope this helps.

Reply to Nicola
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/16

Dear Juan

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Also victim to stinky cement bottom poops | 2010/04/14

My 8 year old boerboel bitch does exactly the same thing. Her feet get cold - heaven forbid it might rain, then she''ll stand outside and look at you with her big brown eyes, pleading to come inside. We put her bed out in the lapa and she''s now forced to be an outside dog. I just couldn''t handle the smell and hygiene issues anymore. I thought, she''s the dog, I''m the human. I own the property, and she''ll live by my rules.

Reply to Also victim to stinky cement bottom poops