Posted by: gowwa | 2009-07-08

dog poo liquid

i wanted to know if my dog' s poo is liquid does it mean that he has worms of any sort? what can be hte reason for his poo being liquid. Teh other dog' s poo is not soft at all. we feed them epol, pedigree dog food only. sometimes we give them can food but usually the dry stuff. no bones are given as per the vets instructions.

Dear Gowwa

Go with Steph's reply.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-07-08

Every dog gets an upset tum from time to time - an occasional runny stool isn' t anything much to worry about... UNLESS: the dog is otherwise not well, or isn' t eating, or the runny poo carries on for longer than say a day. In that case - off to the vet.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Steph | 2009-07-08

If your dog has "  liquid"  diarrrhoea I' d suggest you get to the vets. your dog is most likely ill.If you dewormed your dog regularly you' d not have to worry about worms....epol is a shocking dog food mostly filled with cereal "  fillers"  with loads of fibre. try a better dog food brand, deworm your dogs and take your sick dog to the vet, or the SPCA is funding is an issue.

Reply to Steph