Question
Posted by: maureen | 2011-10-17

Dog poisoned - eyes red

Hello, my dog was poisoned over the weekend and is being treated for same. What made me notice this was that the white of his eyes had turned blood red and I rushed him to the local vet who said it was poison related, but I have no idea how it happened. The only poison that I have anywhere on my property is the milky white one that you dilute for ants which is kept in the garage.If somebody had sprayed this into his eyes, could this have caused the eye to go red? Thanks for your help, Maureen

Hi Maureen,

It is very difficult for me to say if the reddening of the eyes is due to the ant poison. The causes include allergies, trauma, foreign body, glaucoma, corneal ulceration, ocular irritant etc. Your vet will be able to suggest the possible causes given the overall clinical history of your dog.

I do hope that the problem gets resolved and that everything returns to normal.

Kind regards
Angus Campbell

2
Posted by: Willie Strydom | 2011-11-09

Ons vermoed ons hond het gif ingekry, maar is nie seker nie. Die hond gooi op en eet swak. Wat kan ons vir haar gee?

Reply to Willie Strydom
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011-10-18

Hi Maureen,

Kind regards
Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet