Posted by: Fed up | 2009-03-25

Dog pees on every and anything

We have a cross between jack russel and (worshond) Its a male, he is 2 years old. He was house trained, but he always urinates on curtains, couches, and now started to do it on bed. Does not matter who' s bed.

What can I do about this. Rubbing his nose in it and giving him a spank does not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dear Fed up

Dog that has not been neutered pee on things. The sooner you have him neutered the better.

Posted by: tinkerbell | 2009-03-31

Have them neutered. Also try the repellent, it works. I think at 2yrs old they should be over that.

Reply to tinkerbell
Posted by: Eve | 2009-03-30

Try and get " Bob Martin' s"  Pet Repellent Spray. My 2 boys did it aswell, but the spray did seem to help, but you have to keep on spraying the area where they like to have their widdle.
I got them neutered and now I dont have any problem.

Reply to Eve
Posted by: Chill | 2009-03-26

Does work - guaranteed. But you have to do it all the time, not only when it' s convenient.

Is he neutered?

Raising a puppy is HARD WORK, and it' s not always a load of fun when it comes to stuff like this.

Have you shut him out of areas where he can' t widdle when you aren' t around?

If I had a dog that peed on beds, then trust me - step 1 would be to keep him out of the bedrooms - no exceptions. Same with lounge - if necessary, he must stay in the kitchen until he' s learned the lessons!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Fed up | 2009-03-26

I have tried that already....doesn' t work.

Reply to Fed up
Posted by: S | 2009-03-26

I am in exactly the same situation. Have a 1 yr old (worshond) and even taking him outside doesn' t work. Im fed up!

Reply to S
Posted by: Chill | 2009-03-25

Get him neutered.

Rubbing his nose/hitting, as you so wisely say, does not work.

Keep him away from areas where he shouldn' t widdle, unless you are around - and then, if he does it, pick him up IMMEDIATELY, scold him in a stern voice, and take him outside.

Conversely, if he does widdle outside, tell him how marvellous he is, and praise him.

Reply to Chill