Posted by: Bernie | 2008-11-21

DOg pee

My 6year old lab went to the vet the day before yesterday for his eyes. docter said he had an eye invection.... he gave him some antibiotics  but yesterday i noticed that he starts to pee every hour... the stream isn' t that strong.... could the antibiotics cauesed an infection? if so what can I use to treat it?

Dear Bernie

The antibiotics can't cause infection. It can be his prostate gland or bladder infection, unlikely to to because of the antibiotics. Urinating more after a visit to the vet can be caused by cortisone treatment. Phone your vet and discuss this with him.

Posted by: Bernie | 2008-11-21

thanks for the help.... the vet says he gave the dog a cortisone injection and the eye suspension is also cortisone based.....

Reply to Bernie