Posted by: Yolanda | 2009-01-13

Dog neutering

I have a chihuahua puppy ( now about 11 months).

He has the most beautiful personality and I do not really want to neuter him.

I have read that if I do not do this then it increases his chances of getting cancer, etc

Is this true?

They can get testicular cancer same as humans. The can't get testicular cancer if they don't have testicles and its not logical just to remove organs to prevent cancer in these.

Posted by: Boerboel Owner | 2009-01-14

Floyd (my boerboel puppy) will be seven months old month end and I`m getting him neutered. Initially I was a bit worried about what it might do to him but I`ve read enough on this site and other and books as well that the positives far outweigh the negatives.So Yolanda while I`m no expert I`d say go for it from what I`ve personality changes are minimal if any.

Reply to Boerboel Owner
Posted by: Mandi | 2009-01-14

When he gets a bit older he' ll start to mark his territory ie the bed, the couch, the And if there' s a bitch on heat (anywhere in your neighbourhood ) his personality will change completely. Having an intact dog can become quite a headache.

Reply to Mandi
Posted by: Chill | 2009-01-13

His beautiful personality won' t be affected at all, in fact you' ll get ALL the benefit, especially when there' s a bitch on heat around.

Yes, it' s true.

There' s also much less chance of him going walkabout, and getting hit by a car, or being stolen and used in dogfights....

Reply to Chill