Question
Posted by: Joey | 2010-09-07

Dog Maltese poodle

It sounds as if my dog is coughing or something is in his throat Do I have to take him to the vet or is there something that I can give him or do.

Hi Joey

I cannot diagnose a problem without seeing the patient. Please check him oral cavity and ensure that nothing is lodged in the mouth e.t.c. If your dog looks unwell or the cough is persisting then please got to your vet

2
Posted by: Just me | 2010-09-09

My Jack Russell started coughing like that very suddenly one evening and i took my baby to the vet the next morning after staying up with her all night. he diagnosed kennelcough, which could be a nasty thing, and gave me the medication she needed. she showed improvement from the first dose of meds but it still took almost a month before she stopped coughing completely. take your dog to the vet, you would take your child wouldn''t you?

Reply to Just me
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-09-08

Hi Joey

Reply to CyberVet