Posted by: Jen-Jen | 2009-04-05

dog loves cabbage &  brocolli

Dear Doc, my English -|- er Spaniel literally begs me for raw cabbage and brocolli (especially the juicy stem parts). She once managed to ' steal'  a huge cabbage leaf and gobbled the whole thing! Is it ok to feed these to her? Thanks.

Dear Jen-Jen

Fine in moderation

Posted by: Jen-Jen | 2009-04-14

Hi Louise. Glad to hear your boerboel thrived on the veg and pellets. I read the ASPCA web-site that says that onion &  garlic is toxic to dogs. That' s why I wondered if cabbage, also being a ' sulphurous'  veg had neg side effects? Glad to hear from cybervet that it' s ok though. I think my Spaniel would think me very cruel if I withheld her beloved cabbage!

Reply to Jen-Jen
Posted by: J | 2009-04-13

Reply to J
Posted by: Louise | 2009-04-09

Hi Jen.jen, just read about your dog - I had a boerboel who loved tomatoes, cabbage salad and any veges! She thrived on them (with dog pellets added, of course)

Reply to Louise