Question
Posted by: Annemarie | 2009/12/15

Dog licking ears and mouth

Hi, my Jack Russell has developed the strangest behaviour. Initially in September she started licking my mouth while I was asleep, but the inside of my mouth. It stopped after 3 weeks. Now she started licking my ears at night. I get the idea that she wants to go out, because when I ask her she runs toward the door. They are a bit disrupted at the moment because I travelled a lot in November and then they have to stay at home with the doggy sitter coming in once a day. They are very attached to me. What can I do for this behaviour?

Dear Annemarie

Keep him out of your room.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/12/16

Dear Annemarie

Keep him out of your room.

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: steph | 2009/12/15

well, i think if this is what your dog does to let you know she needs to get out at night then perhaps you need to try to train her into sleeping a whole night without going out? If they' ve just been unsettled then it' s no problem, they' ll settle soon enough when the routine is re established. pets are surprisingly good at adapting, provided you are stable and unsettled, they' ll get the message soon enough that there' s nothing to fret about. Good luck

Reply to steph