Question
Posted by: Angela | 2009-06-23

Dog fighting

Good Day, I think I have an exception to the dog fighting saga.I' ve recently moved back in with my parents who at the time had a female 5 year old boerboel, very small, and I' ve got 2 labrador male' s, brothers in fact. My parents then purchased a male boerboel puppy. The puppy has grown up with my dogs since it can remember. My 2 labs and the female got along fine, even making her more playful at times. Recently, about 2-3 months ago the male puppy, then 10 months old and a rather large breed, attacked my dogs with no reason and stayed aggressive days after the attack. It eventually got so bad that we moved my dogs to a relatives house while the puppy was being spayed. My mother then enrolled the puppy in a 6 week training course which is coming to an end middle of july. Please advise why they were fighting and how we can possibly re-introduce them to each other??? I' m a nervous wreck with the arrival of the puppy coming back a more possible blood shed...

Dear Angela

Ask the people at the training school.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-23

Keeping a bunch of male dogs together is actually a recipe for disaster. (Yes, I know it can work, but that' s just luck).

Neutering does help.

I suggest your mom ask the people at the puppy school for advice - they know the dog by now, and can probably come up with some ideas.

Reply to Chill