Question
Posted by: carrie | 2010/01/10

dog chokes?

Hi, I took my dog back to the vet and he did an echocardiogram and checked his kidneys at the same time. he said his one suprerenal gland is a bit enlarged, but not both sides. he asked me if the dog drank a lot. i told him that the dog drinks a lot after meals but not consistently throughout the day. he does not look bloated at all to me. the vet was really quite dismissive and said he looked great for a dog with heart disease and it was only stage one. should i go to another vet?

Dear Carrie

If you feel that you are not getting all the answers, go for a second opinion.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/01/12

Dear Carrie

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: carrie | 2010/01/10

I should add that my dog has always been obsessed with food, it is just the pelletts that he chokes on. he does not seem to urinate a lot at all, only after he has the furosemide he wees a lot.My other dog is also obsessed with food, and so is their mother dog!! and I have also not noted any panting,not even when we go for walks. Should I worry about this?

Reply to carrie