Question
Posted by: Avani | 2012/02/13

Dog bites his legs and paws

I have a 3 month Rottweiler dog. He sometimes cries and starts biting his legs and paws, mostly legs. I thought it could be growing pains, but now wonder if it has anything to do with his diet. He is on Hills puppy food. He also eats any stone he can find in the garden, which is another indication that Hills may not have the nutrition he needs or he is allergic to something in it? Any advice?

Hi Avani

I suggest that you visit your local vet and get the problem diagnosed and treated. As you know young large breed dogs are predisposed to a condition called Panosteitis. This condition can cause intermittent discomfort or pain with associated lameness, loss of appetite, lethargy and a low grade fever. Treatment involves the use of anti inflammatories, rest and dietary changes.
I do hope you get the problem resolved.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/02/24

Hi Avani

I do hope you get the problem resolved.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet