Question
Posted by: leeloo | 2010/01/22

Dog bite

My friend' s 11 year old dog bit me about a week ago. It wasn' t a huge bite, she just basically nipped the skin off of my right index finger. It left a huge scab and it' s still red around it - but what bothers me is that my joints are aching ever since I got but and i' m wondering if this has some kind of connection. I' m 23 - if that makes a difference.
Some advice would be great.

Leeloo

I suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests and proper cleaning of the wound. A MC&S (analysis) of the puss should also be done, in order to treat the infection that is causing your joint pain.