Question
Posted by: Gavin | 2009-05-13

Dog bedding for winter

My Female Maltese keeps chewing her blankets. What are good blankets to prevent this &  keep her warm this winter?

Dear Gavin

Most dogs like the meat flavoured blankets best.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2009-05-13

Give her better things to chew on - chew hooves, or a kong or something.

As far as blankets are concerned, my dogs have taken a shine to polar fleece. You need something underneath it to stop rising cold (a thick layer of newspaper works well ). You don' t have to buy the actual blankets - go to a fabric shop and buy a metre of fleece, and fold it double - easy to wash, warm as toast, lightweight - no need to hem it either. My local fabric shop even has loads of ' doggie'  designs...

Reply to Chill