Question
Posted by: KITTY | 2009-03-31

Dog acting up - please advise!!

Hi Doc. I' ve got a problem, I hope you can help me. I' ve got 2 Airedale terriers, a male and female, they' ve had 3 litters of puppies together. I recently put the female on the pill, as I don' t want her to get pregnant right now. At the same time, I got a new sausage dog puppy for my birthday. The female always wanted to play and acted silly. Now all of a sudden, she' s got an attitude that I don' t know where it came from. When I call her she doesn' t come, when I talk to her, she doesn' t listen, she just lies the whole day, and keeps a distance. She' s not sick, ' cos when I play with her outside, the plays with me, but she' s just not her old self. Could it be the pill, or is it the new puppy, that she is trying to send me a message that she does not like him? She' s acting like a spoilt child that is not getting her way?

Dear Kitty

My adivice would be to play and feed her first before giving lots of attention to the puppy. Try to get the two to interact as this may solve the jealousy part.