Posted by: Hurt Wife | 2008-11-05

Doesnt he miss me?

Its the 1st time in 10 years that my husband has been away from home. He needed to go to JHB for 7 days for work.

I am utterly lost without him, I cant eat or sleep and struggle to get through a work day without breaking down. The nights are the worst.

My kids keeps asking for him.

He doesn' t seem to give a hoot that he is not at home. He doesn' t call at night like he promised, he barely says hello to me on messenger. He has not said he misses me yet, not once. He gets agitated with me when I tell him its only 3 more days till he comes home.

I don' t understand his reaction. I don' t expect him to sit in the corner and sob because he misses me, but it seems like he doesn' t even notice we are not there.

He even gets angry when I tell him I miss him. He asks how my evening was, I tell him I wasn' t able to sleep and he snaps at me about it.

Doesn' t he love/miss me at all?

I feel like a pathetic human being for missing someone so much it hurts and he feels feathers in return.

Maybe he's really busy at work ? I understand that this is upsetting for you, but it is also an opportunity to become more independent --- considering that he is healthy and well, its a serious vulnerability to have become so dependent onn his presence as to get so upset about a week's absence --- so many relationships have to endure far longer bsences, for more disturbing reasons. And you are different people, so while he is occupied with his work, he doesn't show any disturbance to you, whatever he might actually feel. You're not unloved, just not being told that you're loved, right now.

Posted by: suggester | 2008-11-09

i have similar problem as a man, i too get a little irritated when i am asked questions that forces me to talk about my feelings especially when i am not in the best of time- me especially i know the reality is that i am not there and even if i wanted to be there i am not, and as for calling -it upset the life out of me to know that the world has stopped at home and it is my fault and i cannot do anything about this,

bottom line me and your hubby we dont like feeling out of space and control we love you and we feel guilty that you are calling to complain about our unavailability = and i applaud anonym for her efforts and i think they would work for you too and i am sure you are loved and deep inside you know that..

Reply to suggester

Wait till he is back and then tell him you feel unloved because it doesn' t seem like he got intrest in you and the children.

Posted by: Hurt Wife | 2008-11-05

I feel so unloved right now.

Reply to Hurt Wife
Posted by: Anonym | 2008-11-05

I had the same problem and after confronting my husband he replied I make him worry cause what I' m going to do when he die. Now when he goes away I just see to it that he leaves me enough money so I take the children to Spur ect. and spend time playing with them to keep me occupied and now he phones more out of curiosity about what we are doing, sometimes when I' m out I see he' s calling and just ignore then after a few tries I answer the phone or let one of the children answer....

Reply to Anonym