Posted by: C | 2010-10-30

Does this sound like bad circulation??

Hello dr. I have always had either cold hands or feet (since a child) and it was always put down to mild case of bad circulation. Over the past few days my legs have been feeling ''strange''. Its hard to explain, but like restless, tingly etc. Last night whilst lying in bed, my hubby felt my legs and couldnt believe the heat that was coming from them. The rest of my body was fine (not running temp) but just my legs were so so hot (like high temp heat). My legs looked swollen and my feet were too. I slept with them raised on a pillow. They seem ok this morning, Ibut when I took off my nail polish on my toenails, my toenails were blue this morning.....

I realize that I must have this checked out - but dont want to be rushing out to dr on saturday unneccessarily. Is there something that I should or shouldnt be eating that will help circulation?

many thanks

You have a chronic problem and I suggest that you do consult your doctor for an examination this week and blood tests, to determine why you have this problem. There are a multitude of reasons for poor circulation to the hands and feet and it should be investigated.