Posted by: Hurting | 2009-01-19

does this mean we' ve broken up

I was in a emotionally draining relationship for 5 years but finally managed to break it off and was alone for about 2 years. I finally met someone who appeared to be very nice plus his family had been freinds of my family for years. we got together on christmas day when the families were visiting started talking and seemed to click. he was married before for about a year and half and had been divorced for 8 months. we started dating the very next day. everything was very rushed, sex, future talks, " I love yous"  they all happened in three weeks. during this three weeks I talked more than him about personal stuff and he kept on saying its to soon to tell me anything and that I asked too many questions. on thursday I called him and there was a girl' s voice in the backround and all he said was he' d call me later. when he did and I asked who he was with he just said he was only closing opned doors and could not explain anymore and again that I asked too many questions. I left it did not call him when he called this past weekend he only says he called to say hi and to check on me. I asked if we could meet on sunday and solve talk he agreed and said he' d call when on his way but he never did. I am assuming it is over I have not called him today and he has not called me. am I correct in my assumption and how do I get over this heart break quick it hurts like we had been together for years plus now I wonder what he' s telling his family and what they think.

WHy was this all so rushed ? Why the hurry ? Why did you choose to make yourself so vulnerable, so easily, so soon ? Could someone within your family chat to his family and find out something about whatever's going on ?

Posted by: Sympathy | 2009-01-21

So sorry my girl. Too much of a rush I am afraid. Don' t wear your heart on your sleeve. The moment he would not open up should have been a big warning sign for you. As for the sex bit...well... not ever a good idea at that stage, only much much later. Hope you get over him, don' t make contact and if he contact you make sure he understands its going to be a long long time before you are prepared to get THATclose. Good luck !

Reply to Sympathy
Posted by: J | 2009-01-20

I agree with Mom- if it starts with this, can you imagine how this will be in a while.

Reply to J
Posted by: Mom | 2009-01-20

Hey honey...been there....don' t fret he was not for you....if he respected you he wouldn' t have rushed the sex bit...I know you were game as well....these hearts of ours really fool us at times....move on love if his starting this early...then get yourself a good seat belt as you going to sit home in day out.....not worth it...

Reply to Mom
Posted by: Sue | 2009-01-20

...Girl in the back, seeing you when it is good for him, no communication... and all the other lovie dovie stuff so quickly after long term relationships is usually rebound relationships that hardly ever lasts... when one is in a relationship (kind of) and your friend is seeing other girls he does not think anything of you...
I am sorry you are hurting, better things/ guys will come...

Reply to Sue