Question
Posted by: Blue | 2010/10/14

Does this make sense?

I become a vegetarian a month ago and started going to the gym almost everyday 10 days ago. My goal was never to lose weight, but to gain muscle. However, I have gained about 3 pounds since I started going to the gym and I doubt it''s muscle mass at all, since I just started. It seems to me I''m getting fat all of a sudden. Is working out having a bad impact on my otherwise high metabolism? Or is it because I''m not eating meat or fish?
I know things change once you reach a certain age, but certainly not when you''re 25?

I''m worried, as I really wanted to lose fat on my belly and gain muscle all over, but that''s not what''s happening. What should I do?

Hallo Blue
It could actually be some muscle weight already - ask your gym if they don't have a machine that can measure your fat %, and also try measuring your waist instead of weighing yourself. Ensure that you eat enough vegetarian protein. Many of the vegetarian foods are also high in carbohydrates, so you should ensure that you still eat a balanced diet. See http://vegetarian.about.com/od/healthnutrition/tp/high-protein-recipes.htm

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/14

Hallo Blue