Question
Posted by: jane | 2010/04/22

Does my company deserve me ?

i atsrted working with this company 2 yaers ago,i have literally devoted myself to them ,recently we had or performace talk and they said i am bringing the team down and BLA BLA BLA everyone in the compnay got incraeses i got nothing.now im not sure what to do as i feel so let down really i think they just telling us this as they have to retrench people.but i know for a fact i work my-|-off,thiers another collegue that couldnt come to work for the whole week i took an all her work without moaning i multi task all the time ,i work ahead so that if I fall sick no one has to take my work on and this is the thank I get ?
do u think i should look for aNOTHER JOB OR MAKE MANAGEMNETS LIFE A LIVING HELL ?

isn'tthere a HR person or dept you can discuss this with ? They're supposed to discuss with you any deficiencies they think you might have, hear your views, and propose remedies, like further training, etc. I understand the temptation, but making management's life a living hell is hardly likely to add to your job security, let alone bonuses in the future. NOr will it encourage them to give you a good reference when you need it. By all means look for another job AS WELL

6
Posted by: jane | 2010/04/23

thanks alot its just been playing in my mind all the time,leave or stay ,thanks for the comment on sms language,didnt know some people mind it .I dont need training my jobs very simple they let two other ladies go so Im thinking as a company they are down scaling and well they need to tell employees something.but without an increase and the salry I am on I will have to make changes as no one wants to just get by,Im CAPABLE,I do and really getting a salary that at least I can enjoy would be great!!!!

Reply to jane
Posted by: jane | 2010/04/23

Reply to jane
Posted by: Been There | 2010/04/22

Don''t leave. Take it up to the highest level. You can also contact the dept of labour for advise. I''ve done that and let me tell you, they won''t try this again with you.
Good Luck

Reply to Been There
Posted by: almost mad | 2010/04/22

Legally they would have to do everything to try to train you and mentor you before they have reason for firing you.If you leave, try to leave on a good note so you can at least get a decent reference. They idiots, dont let them make you feel less than you are.

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: I believe | 2010/04/22

You must also learn to use the keyboard and stop writing in a sms language, that might be the reason they dont take you serious.

Reply to I believe