Question
Posted by: Curious | 2007-03-16

Q.

Does lemon juice break-down fat?

I've heard claims that drinking 2 tbsp lemon juice in hot water daily can break down fat deposits in the body, which, as a result, helps one loose weight. Is this true?

Expert's Reply

A.

Dear Curious
This is a myth! Drinking lemon juice in water may provide you with a modest amount of vit C, but it will not cause weight loss and the acid will attack the enamel of the teeth. If you do decide to drink lemon juice in water every morning then remember to rinse out your mouth with water or to brush your teeth afterwards to prevent tooth erosion.

2
user comments

C.

Posted by: Nik | 2013-12-22

Really it doesn't help to loose weight

Reply to Nik
Posted by: V | 2007-03-22

Hi there,

UI also wondered about this and did some research. Found nothing to suggest weight loss. But a few articles spoke about helping with digestion. My mum believes in the weight loss bit, but I dont know.

Reply to V

Want to comment?