Question
Posted by: Curious | 2003/01/21

Q.

Does lack of sex cause Prostate Cancer

Hi there, my husband keeps telling me lack of sex causes Prostate Cancer, is this true? We don't have a healthy sex life, as I am not interested in having sex with him, thus we have sex on the very odd occasion. Is there a drug or herb that could entice my Libido other than Horny Goats Weed, as I have finished the whole bottle and it didn't work for me.

Expert's Reply

A.

Prostate cancer is the leading cause of cancer in older men. It has a relatively high incidence in the United States. Increased risk factors include men with a family history or African American heritage. Many risk factors have been tested. Even smoking is not directly linked to prostate cancer as it is with lung and bladder cancer.
Increased or decreased frequency of ejaculation may affect prostate cancer rates, but this has not been determined. Currently, the American Urological Association has not issued guidlines on ejaculation to prevent onset of prostate cancer.

Your second part of the question: "I am not interested in having sex with him", so who can have sex with him then if you don't want too. Why don't you feel like sex, because you are angry with him, is it painful, are you orgasmic, or does sex just seem like to much work.

Woodt Alan said sex is like oxygen, only when we are not getting it, do we miss it. Beware before it is to late, when you realise that you are missing it too.

Dr Elna McIntosh

8
user comments

C.

Posted by: Paul Stone | 2013/12/19

Several of these women say "I do not want to have" or "I am not interested in having", "sex with HIM". Sounds like they ARE interested in having sex with SOMEONE. Beyond that, it is HIS job, not just to be a nice guy, but to be INTERESTING and ALLURING as a MAN, such that she will DESIRE HIM, NOT simply demand sex because he's in rut like any other beast. There's ALWAYS a way. If she doesn't desire you,Mister18, it's YOUR FAULT, not hers.

Reply to Paul Stone | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Random Guy | 2014/07/25

Hey but hang on! Isn't it always 2 people ... Oh, sarcasm! I see what you did there...

Posted by: Toy-Boy | 2003/01/22

He might as well get a blow-up doll.

Reply to Toy-Boy
Posted by: Curious | 2003/01/22

Sorry Dr Moe, wrong answer - you definately must be male to say something silly like that!

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Dr moe | 2003/01/22

Yes. Lack of sex does cause prostate cancer as it prevent mature sperm being secreted of your penis. When your husband asks for sex, give it to him as you will be helping him prevent this desease. Even if you not turned on or don't want to have sex. Just lie down and let him do the rest it will do good for the both of you.

Reply to Dr moe
Posted by: Curious | 2003/01/22

In reply to question from "Does Lack of Sex cause Prostate Cancer" - I love my husband dearly. But am not sexually attracted to him. He is a good looking guy, and a very good father and friend. But sexually I am not interested. I could live with him till the day we die and not have sex, but unfortunately he cannot. We stay together for the sake of the children. Our main arguments are over the sex issue, but we don't make it our children's problem and they very rarely see us arguing. So they are living in a "happy family" environment. That is why I was wondering, if there is something that one can take to increase Libido to make me want to have sex with him as he seems to need it (like most men). I don't have a problem with sex in the sense that it is not sore etc. I am just not physically/sexually interested in him.

Reply to Curious | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Salome | 2013/03/31

You are fooling only yourselfs, your lack of sex in your marriage will affect them now and in their future relationships. You do not do your kids any favour by staying together for their sake. Do it for your sake, change your own mind with regards to sex with your husband, Change your heart, change your life is a book written by Dr Gary Smalley, buy it read it and apply it. You will truely do it for your kids sake.

Posted by: Health24 | 2003/01/21

Dear Curious
You may be interested in our comprehensive Prostate Centre condition centre. Go to Conditions in the top navigation bar.
Hope you find it useful.
Kind regards
Health24

Reply to Health24

Want to comment?