Question
Posted by: Jess | 2008/06/11

Does he love me

I'm divorced and have been seeing a guy 5 years younger than me for a year now. He says that it will never work out between us because we are family friends and our families will never ever accept it. He also goes on to say that he doesn't have those "feelings" for me. He says he only cares about me. For the past year we've broken up about 4 times already and then we just start all over again. Why is he wasting time on me if he knows this relationship is not going anywhere? I've told him that i like him a lot and have started developing feelings for him. He tells me that he will be there for me until I do find somebody else and when we do move on, I must treat my new guy the way I treated him. He says that our relationship is the longest and the best he has ever had. I really like him and dont know whether I should stop seeing him, I've tried, but its so hard. He has been my pillar of strength when I was divorced last year.

Why continue to work on developing feelijngs for a guy who is really not that into you ? Why behave as though he is tghe last man on earth ? Keep him as a friend or move beyond that, but look for someone who returns the love you want to feel

5
Posted by: Jess | 2008/06/12

Thks VOC and Karma for your words of encouragement. Its so nice to know that there are still some good, caring people out there!!!

Reply to Jess
Posted by: KARMA | 2008/06/11

Well Jess my advice to you is move on , He's been honest enough to tell you that he does not feel the same about you,however be geatful that you'll always have a friend to turn to ..... I can imagine how you feel going through a divorce and him being so supportive through your difficult time and that is why you feel like this about him.....Maybe you should respect what he wants cause if you t to clingy and persist you might even lose a FRIEND......GOODLUCK

Reply to KARMA
Posted by: Voice Of Reason (VOC) | 2008/06/11

He says he will be there for you until you find someone? I bet that being there for you is his way of saying I'll continue to use you for sex until I find a fresh young thing that isnt "tarnished" goods, meaning divorced. Dont waste your time, he is just not that into you, the writing is on the wall, but youre refusing to see it. I was just like you, and youre making the sam dumb mistake I made. DONT DO IT

Reply to Voice Of Reason (VOC)
Posted by: Jess | 2008/06/11

Angel & CS - Thanks for the advice, i just feel it so hard trying to move on without him - he is just such a wonderful guy and treats me so nicely (everything that my ex wasn't) - I suppose it would take time and i will get over it eventually. Thks again guys!

Reply to Jess
Posted by: angel | 2008/06/11

Hi Jess it sad to say thiss but i do not think he is worthy of you, you have been through so much during your divorce you do not need to go through this again. You will find some one just take time, lifes great being single.

Reply to angel