Question
Posted by: david | 2009-02-09

does he have the right?

hello, yes i know i was wrong
my brother has been on holiday with us from uk, and we went out for couple drinks during my lunch and went back to work, boss asked me 2 leave premises, said he could smell alcohol, was reaaly angry and left. went out again to bar cos had afternoon off, next day again asked me to leave cos i smelled drunk. did not pay me 4 the 2 days. does he have the right? cos did nt do blood or breath test. when i questioned how he determined i was drunk, he told me if i didnt like it i could leave. does he have the right?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: DOES HE HAVE THE RIGHT

Your boss does not have a right to merely tell you to leave, he has to determine whether in fact you could perform your function at work. It is however problematic and it is best not challenged.