Question
Posted by: Amasi | 2013-01-10

Does Estates look like Stepford

Have you seen the movie: Stepford Wives.
In that movie, all the wives talk the same, houses look similar, everything looks perfectly similar.

If you visit many estates (as an outsider) and start driving around it, you start to appreciate the beauty of the houses and designs. Then at some point, you get the feeling that these houses are the same.

Have you noticed that or I am just the odd one? Sometimes when driving there I just feel that one is at Stepford Estate. Atleast the men at Stepford were part of a club and women were programmed roborts.

83462r

6
Posted by: Creamy Sparkle | 2013-01-10

@Amasi and Bella,i have had it with an estate,u find that when im visiting my brothers in ekasi my kids will be reluctant to come back,Y?cause they are alwayz locked inside the house like prisoners,no enough space to play,back to my roots im a village person,its like im packed in a tin like a sardine.kwaaaaaaaaa

Reply to Creamy Sparkle
Posted by: Bella | 2013-01-10

hehehehe guys

i dont think i will ever stay in an estate, sometimes you miss that kasi life seating outside with your neighbors talking and laughing out loud, in an estate you not allowed to make a noise sometimes you have visitors and you wanna be free and laugh and do all sorts but you have to think oohhh we cant make a noise,

my Mkhukhu is better atleast my son is able to play outside hahahahah

Reply to Bella
Posted by: Amasi | 2013-01-10

You forgot about " Special Levies"  and maintanance to " maintain standard of the estate" 

while in your mkhukhu there is an iShack for your lighting, kids play outside till is time to sleep (yes it is safe/common for kids to play outside in mkhukhu areas than suburb)

x2femw

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Creamy Sparkle | 2013-01-10

Yep im bored Amasi hence i want to move,and i dont think i will ever want to stay in an estate,i will prefer a stand alone or even mkhukhu,coz i wont pay rates and taxes, levies,water and lights kwaa....

Reply to Creamy Sparkle
Posted by: Amasi | 2013-01-10

Creamy Sparkle
I understand the procedures to follow (which are daunting) but what is also irritating is the requirements that those decorations or extentions have to follow.

When visiting other estates dont you feel them boring and monotomous?

Sometimes one miss the life in mkhukhu where he is able to do anything within his yard boundries.

jm4fkd

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Creamy Sparkle | 2013-01-10

Kwaaaaa,Amasi i think u are right im living in an estate but im so damn tired abt the monotomy,u cant extend nor decorate as there are some procedures to follow,so tired abt that....

Reply to Creamy Sparkle