Question
Posted by: sideways | 2010/01/16

Does email stand in court?

My story is as follows- I joined an IT company in December after 10 years at a previous company. I jooined as a sales and marketing manager. I negotiated that I would be expected to be bringing in 30K in net prfit by my 6th month. I was going to be spending those 6 months learning and getting up to speed. I came from a completely different professional background and needed to learn this IT industry. I have worked their 24 days now and have been given a poor perfromance management document. They want me to sign it. THey have decided to Micro manage me. THey have said that I need to be bringing the 30k in net profit now and I need to write a catalogue by the end of this month. I am shocked. This was not the original deal and how the hell is anyone meant to write a catalogue and bring in 30k of net profit within the first 24 days? I am being setup for failure. It' s a hostile environment now and there is no way I can achive their goals. I am very disappointed. UNfortunately in the contract I signed which is a fixed term contract for 6months, which was to be renogtiated after 6 months based on a performance evalution, it stipulates I am meant to bring in 30k a month in profit. I didn' t notice it was written like that as I had negotiated that I would only be bringing that in by 1 June and that after that I would be expected to be briging it in on avergare over a 12 month period. I have it on email that that is the original deal, but sadly I signed a contract which says otherwise. What must I do? I am deperate. Please assist.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE:DOES EMAIL STAND IN COURT?

Unfortunately the contract normally is the testament to the employment relationship. If the e-mail was sent and agreed upon after you sign the contract then the e-mail would stand in court.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/01/18

RE:DOES EMAIL STAND IN COURT?

Reply to labour lawyer