Question
Posted by: Jessica Gomes | 2010/02/11

Does antibiotics decrease the effect of fertomid?

I am trying to conceive and my dr prescribed fertomid fertility drugs. I however came down with flu like symptoms a few days ago and he prescribed me antibiotics also. I normally tend to get yeast infections from antibiotics and now I am not sure whether it is a good idea to take the fertility drugs straight after the antibiotics. I am scared that it would affect the effectiveness of the fertility drugs and should I get another yeast infection, would that be a problem?

Dear Jessica Gomes

The use of most antibiotics should not decrease the effect of Fertomid. However some of flu medication may contain non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and theses do prevent ovulation from taking place and may effect the fertility drugs.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Mariet | 2010/02/23

We have been struggeling to get pregnant over 2 years. My Gynie only gave me Fertomid for 6 months use. I had a miscarraige in oct 2009 there after I haven''t been ovulating since. How long did doc says it will take? Do you have any advice Girl you and me. Regards,

Reply to Mariet
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/02/16

Dear Jessica Gomes

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert