Question
Posted by: Sandra | 2012/10/25

Does an electric fence be the cause of a barking dog during night time

Dear Doc

Plse help i had new neighbours moved in and now after the few months her new boyfriend came with a dog, that barks non stop at night I have reported them to the Law Enforcement. They now claims my electric fence is causing the dog to bark non stop
My neighbour of many yrs who passed on and the husband sold the house had 4 dogs. We never had the problem with their dogs barking all night and our electric fence never did anything to their dogs. Plse help me does an electric fence cause dogs to bark

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Ha Sandra, must be totally honest, this is a new question for me! In my experience I have never heard of an electric fence causing a dog to bark. what normally causes barking is the dog being bored/frustrated, not getting exercise and very often not getting enough stimulation by way of chew toys left to entertain them and it could be that the dog is also not getting enough human company and be lonely. If the barking is only happening when the humans are away from the home, it could be that the dogs is suffering from a degree of separation anxiety as well. thks S

3
Posted by: Sandra | 2012/11/14

Thanks for answers Ryan I must tell u this dog " thing"  is getting out of hand now, They are calling me all sorts of horrible names I dont wanna repeat them on the internet. Do u or anyone know of a device I can use, I know a long time ago someone told me of a device that u put on ur wall but on my side
and that stop the dog from barking. PLSE HELP

tks

Reply to Sandra
Posted by: Ryan | 2012/10/27

Their dogs should be inside, i''ve got electric fences and so have all my neighbours, the only time my dogs bark is when they are playing with one another or in alarm when someone comes to the gate or walks past too closely in which case i actually praise them!! It still is beyond me why people have dogs outside at night especially if they constantly bark as no one will check if they are actually barking in alarm.. Your neighbour sounds like an arsehole!!!!!!

Reply to Ryan
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/10/25

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert