Posted by: Freaked out | 2009-06-25

Doctor test

Morning Doctor.

I would like to ask a question, hope you can help me out. Over the last couple of weeks, I have had a lot of blood in my stools/whenever I passed stools. I have read a few of the other people' s questions quering about this, and it seems that I need to go see a doctor, as it could be cancer or some other sympton. What would be the best doctor (type of doctor) to see and what can I expect in terms of testing, what is done to you, how do they test you etc.

Dear Freaked out
You can see your GP - he will check for hemorroids and do a physical examination. If needed he will organize a sygmoidoscopy under anaesthetic for you with a gastro enterologist

Posted by: Freaked out | 2009-06-26

Wow, thats hectic. I rather not go.

Reply to Freaked out
Posted by: anxious | 2009-06-25

Why have you waited to so long to do something about this? This is a serious problem and you need to see your gp URGENTLY! Amongst other things, you will have a stool sample sent for lab analysis. Go to your gp without delay! He/she will send you to an appropriate specialist if this is necessary, but it is not necessary to go directly to a specialist, your own doc can easily deal with this without any problem - BUT go ASAP!

Reply to anxious