Question

Doctor

My hubbie went to the doctor yesterday, and she gave him a genital exam, and he admitted to me that he got an erection during the procedure. I am disappointed, and only want him to see men doctors from now on, but he refuses as my gynae is a man, but I dont get turned on at the gynae. I am now worried that even a medical procedure could turn someone on. I give him lots of sex, but now think of him with a hard on with someone else, and its quite a turn off, whats your take on this.

I understand that you feel upset about this, but it takes a very special man in a trusting relationship to admit to his wife this happened and he most likely was quite embarrassed by it(although would not likely admit that!). If he did not tell you, you would never know. The fact that he had an erection does not mean he was turned on the way you turn him on - these things can happen in genital examinations (women may even 'become wet' with a gynae examination!Normal physical response). That is unfortunately one of those things in life! I will only be worried if he starts consulting the doctor on a regular basis with the same problem! In the mean time, act a little bit jealous and make sure he comes home to you for a good time!

4
Posted by: XXX | 2010/07/08

The fact that he told you about it is important in itself.Personally I avoid a woman dr for the same reason,it would be embarrassing for ME.However,many women go to a male dr and find nothing wrong with it.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Woman | 2010/07/07

Please be serious? You blame your husband for having a completely normal reaction? If someone touches a mans penis, chances are he will have an erection. It is a physical thing. It has *nothing* to do with his loyalty towards you or his love for you. The fact that he was honest about it, should give you an idea of who he is.

Women don''t get turned on by touch alone. You should educate yourself and make peace with it. It really isn''t a big deal of any sort. The doctor is very definitely used to such happenings, that I can promise you.

How on earth can you be disappointed? Good heavens, honey, he''s just a man after all, not a saint. And from what I know, wedding rings have never stopped erections. You need to work on trusting him more, or you will pick up problems later.

Don''t mean to be harsh, and you shouldn''t take it so. Just want to give you some rationality.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Me | 2010/07/07

You are being silly. it is normal. I would be worried if he did not get one. How do you want him to prevent it?

Reply to Me
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/07/07

Reply to sexologist