Question
Posted by: G. | 2010-09-07

Doc, what would u recommend

Sorry, its me again,

Regarding post 399, thinking about it i think it is 90% possible that my struggle to lose weight could be depression related, i have googled antidepressant that does not contribute to weight gain and found that most of them do result in weight gian, is there over the counter anti depressants that contribute or does not interfer with weight loss?

I am asking cos i do want to see a phsycohogist but my medical aid is axhausted and am currently having financial problemst so i cant really afford cash consultations.

Thank you again.

Dear G
I am not a herbalist, so cannot recommend herbal antidepressants. But I think you may well suffer from depression and one way to counter depression is to do regular aerobic exercise (like brisk walking or skipping), which produces chemicals called endorphins that 'lift' the mood. The exercise will also help for weightloss. Also make sure that you eat a diet that contains some low-glycaemic index (GI) carbohydrates and drink milk because these foods increase the serotonin levels in the brain and improve the mood. Keep in mind that even over-the-counter antidepressants will cost money and may not be beneficial. So exercise and eat carbs without adding fats and let's see if your can improve your mood and lose some weight.
Hang in there

2
Posted by: G. | 2010-09-08

Thank you, and will do so....

Reply to G.
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-09-07

Dear G
Hang in there