Question
Posted by: WN | 2010/08/28

Doc feedback

Hi doc

I went to see my GP as you advised regarding the thick feeling in my throat.

He is not really worried and gave me Celestamine, which he said should help. He mentioned that I may have a bit of an edema/oedema. I am not sure of the spelling, but what does this mean in the throat, and can it be treated adequately?

Should I worry about it?

Thank you.

WN

Oedema refers to swelling of soft tissue. The soft tissue in your throat can be swollen due to a viral, bacterial infection or an allergic reaction. Your doctor is treating it as an allergic reaction and therefore prescribed Celestamine.