Question
Posted by: ME | 2009-07-04

Do you think am beibg a Jerk ?

The last time I had a job was last year December. I was pregnant, and ma job was hell, my boss shouting at me all times, I even overheard her gossiping bout me, so I decided to quit before I even went for maternity leave, coz I believed that I tried everything to pls ma boss. She was even treating me like her made, like forinstance, if she would be busy all day and didn' t have any lunch, she would shout at me and tell me that its ma responsibility to make sure that she had lunch. I almost had a miscarriage, as a result, I had a premature baby, but he' s fine and kicking.
after the birth of ma baby I started having stress, and now I' ve been looking for a job but I can' t find anything. Ma husband supports me a lot, and I am so greatful for him. But the fact that I don' t have a job is really stressing me. I need to go back to work, to feel independent and responsible again, to have my own money and be confident bout ma self. Do you think am asking too much? There are some people out there, they don' t even have husbands to support them. Do you thing am being a jerk here?

As an interesting aside, I have noticed in recent years most of the complaints we have had about an obnoxious boss, seem to have been about a female boss being ugly towards a female employee.
Its unfortunate, parhaps, that, faced with a boss who was only pleased by being NOT pleased, you may have acted against your own best interests by leaving before your maternity leave. However, we can't live life backwards. backward. I' so pleased to hear that despite all adversity, you had a fine baby.
Its not at all unreasonable for you to want to return to work if the situation allows for that --- its just maybe awkward that these are bad economic times in which its hard for anyone seeking work. So you;re in nio way being a jerk in wanting that, just try to be more philosophical in looking for work, and recognize that you could be lucky next week, but it could take a while, as it does for anyone, these days