Question
Posted by: Betty | 2008/09/04

Do we or Don' t we?

Briefly, we were together from 18 years old, went out for 5 years got engaged, engaged for 3 got married, married for 1 and a half years and got divorced in Jan 07... so much happened, I wasn' t happy, I wanted more, change, excitement... same old trap!
We were apart for 8 month when we tried again for 2 months but I was scared, we didn' t know how to fix it, sleeping with other people during our seperation didn' t help... it' s another year later and we both have someone new in our lives... we talk every now and then but it' s alway emotional (crying) because we know we want each other back we just don' t know how... We know it' s wrong to hurt the other parties... help, please... can we fix this or are we wasting our lives? We have a 10 year history (no kids)... we compare everyone and everything to each other... Will the 3rd time be different?
Thank you!

If you wanted to get back together but didn't know how to fix the relationship, why on earth didn't you go for relationship counselling ? Certainly its wrong to hurt other parties, or to have made committments neither of you perhaps meant, to others. You will not fix this on your own --- your history has proved that. 3rd time wont be any different, unless you work together well in counselling and perhaps lay the groundwork for it to work well